Request a Free Consultation

Read Customer Reviews

Click to Call Now

Innocent Spouse Relief: Declaring Independence

Declaring Independence from Your Significant Other

A tax bill from a joint return results in debt for both you and your significant other. The IRS does not honor any contracts that say otherwise, including divorce decrees or separation agreements.

The IRS will try to collect the money from both of you at the same time, and will likely target whoever is easier to find or is easier to get money from. An Innocent Spouse claim can be filed with the IRS if you feel that only your significant other should be liable for the debt.

Get 4 important pieces of information regarding this process, including:

  1. What taxes are joint liabilities?
  2. Community Property States- Find out if you live in one.
  3. What arguments will be considered and which ones won't.
  4. Step-by-step process for filing a claim to achieve the highest possibility for success.

Download the free Innocent Spouse guide “Relief from Spouse’s Tax Debt” using the form below. You will be sent an email in seconds containing a link so you can view and print the guide.

Colonial Tax Consultants Inc. respects your privacy and will not sell or provide your information to any third party. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Having IRS Problems? Let's Chat

Request a Free Consultation


Call 866-573-3755

For an Honest Evaluation

* Name:

* Name:


* Email:


* Phone:

Tax Type:

If you prefer email, please contact Rick directly at He will respond!

Office Hours: M-F 9am-5pm

Customer Reviews

StatisticsReview of Colonial Tax Consultants

These are REAL testimonials, controlled by a neutral third-party.

We don't post them ourselves.

We can't edit, change, anonymize, or remove them!